Friday, April 2, 2010

Essence

Not quite a year ago, I received the gift of the first level of Reiki.
I was told that having these attunements can have a profound impact on ones life.
Profound does not even begin to describe what followed. In a nutshell, my entire world shattered into a million tiny pieces on the floor. Amid the destruction, I stood, wondering how I was ever going to put everything all back together again.
Somehow, I did put things back together...but in a much different configuration than what previously existed. Just as a forest devastated by fire regrows stronger than before, so too did I grow stronger.
Now, nearly a year later, I have received my level two attunements and I am preparing to take the step of becoming a Reiki Master in May.
Just a few days after I received my level one attunements, I was able to offer my first treatment. This is the poem I wrote following that first experience.



Wind whispers, filling my ears with promises to be made and kept.
The creek trickles, gently flowing
Carrying hopes and desires to my soul.
Blazing sun, not yet softened by dusk.
Beads of sweat form on his forehead.
Smells of lavender and rose
Sweet and intoxicating.
Joy. Peace. Power. Intention.
Perfection in all its simplicity
Washes over me like an ocean tide.
Waves of acceptance and understanding swell and consume me
Cleansing and healing.
Doubt and insecurity recede
Carried away with the flow and rhythm of my breath.
Surrendering to the guidance of the ancient wisdom
Flowing through my hands.
Brilliant light cascades down.
Standing in a shower of sparkling diamonds.
Breathtaking beauty
Stripped of all illusions and masks
She stands before me
Strong and proud in her truth.
My mirror.
My reflection.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely poem, the essence is caught perfectly!
    Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete